Garnet is the heaviest and hardest of all abrasives in this world; it could withstand in highest cutting speed and maintain low dust levels. With its crystalline shape giving a fast cutting action and longer life span.Garnet has served primarily for its many dimension applications i.e. blast media, water jet cutting, coated abrasives, surface preparation, ship, grinding media, water filtration etc., Garnet abrasive as an industrial medium of minerals and its physical characteristic performance like Hardness, shape, chemical uniqueness, size etc., guarantee its suitability for blasting industry. Its re-cycling ability & eco-friendly nature Garnet grains are the priority abrasive medium of Blasting. It is appropriate for both wet and dry sandblasting applications. Garnet is a industrial gemstone that creates a profile virtually free of embedment, which makes it excellent for coating adhesion, as well as applications where low or no transfer of grit into the substrate can be tolerated.
The simplest way to describe garnet would be "Clean & Fast".
Applications - Blast Abrasive grades:
The coarser abrasive grains are mainly used in ship repair, petrochemical, industrial painting and bridge works. The hardness and coarse size helps to remove the thickest coatings, Tar removing, Superior surface profile applications etc. This Grade can be recycled more than 5 times without discrepancy.
Unique physical parameters and size distribution of this grade helps to remove tarnish, surface preparation and results fastest blast speed on thickest coatings. Our 20-40 still remains even after recycled 4 times & cost effective treatment and compilation.
In blast industry, the most used abrasive medium is MESH 30-60. The fast cutting action and speed blast efficiency on thickest coating removal, Ship cleaning, Denim Blast, Heavy equipments repair, painting industries, tarnish cleaning etc., leads to perform where ever the blasting is required.
Surface preparation on Aluminium painting, novel steel painting and where the blast is required on sensible material this grade is very appropriate and cost-effective.
The Aircraft parts, Ship propellers, Hydro blast cleaning, Turbine blades, and other industrial application are looking for low profile surface preparation where this grade is the most suitable and used abrasive medium.
- High hardness. Garnet will last a long time, making it a very cost effective abrasive. Mohs Hardness is 7 to 8 depending on the type
- Can recycle a number of times, depending on your grit size (generally you can obtain recycle garnet twice, perhaps more when starting with a coarse grade).
- Environmentally Friendy! It is thus often used to blast stuctures residing over or next to bodies of water where contamination by the blasting media itself is a concern.
- Garnet is safe and non toxic with very low free silica levels (generally less than 1%).
- Low Dusting. Garnet is a fast and clean blast media.
- Excellent for coating prep use. Garnet will leave a profile that is almost free from embedment, troughs, and peaks.
- Multiple Shipping Points around the country.
- Color: Depends. Pink, Red/Brown, Grey/Brown
- Density: 135 lbs/ft3 to 150 lbs/ft3
- Tanks and other confined spaces where use of a low dusting abrasive is necessary.
- Dry docks, Bridges, Shipyards - a great abrasive to use where water contamination is a concern.
- Aluminum and Fiberglass surfaces
- Hangar decks
- Powdercoating, denim blasting
- Industrial Painting